Monday, December 18, 2006

back in cowtown

I caught the first flight out yesterday morning and the check-in agent almost made fun of me for being there exactly 3 hours before the flight (the earliest i could check in) because the flight wasn't full and there didn't seem like there was much of a chance that I wouldn't be getting on. What she did not know was that if I had even been there at 5:30 instead of 5 (maybe even if I had been there at 5:15, I'm not sure), the knot in my stomach and all the other clear signs of anxiety would have been too much to take. It's just easier to be early...

Unfortunately, at that time of day, Tim Horton's did NOT have any chocolate raspberry donuts. I had to settle for a few regular old chocolate timbits, but they were still delicious to me (as I so rarely eat donuts).

So now I'm here but I do have to work for the next few days, but I haven't adjusted to the new time zone yet, so I'm starting early so that my days are over early as well.

I hope to see as many of you as possible!

---------------
I've edited to add that you all have to read THIS (and hopefully this link is fixed now)

5 comments:

Kirst said...

I'm glad your back. Yeah! Only a few more hours till the next visitor arrives. I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose... you get the idea. See you later gator.

kris said...

Mmm, I love their chocolate raspberry donuts. As soon as I saw the sign I had to try one.

I'm glad to hear your trip went smoothly.

That link just said oops to me.

Heather said...

I don't get it.

K said...

i think i fixed the link now...

lu said...

i had TWO egg nog lattes in festive cups at starbucks in the uk and thought of you each time!

it surprised me they even had it on the menu considering no one in the uk drinks egg nog and you can't find it in most grocery stores, but i enjoyed each one to its last drop.

enjoy being 'home' for the holidays.